Our New Highchair

Like many first-time moms, I was pretty clueless about what baby products would work best for us before our son was born.  Case in point- our highchair.  We registered for a nice, typical highchair from Chicco, that was great at first, but I quickly came to hate it because once James started feeding himself, it was impossible to keep clean.  There were so many small crevices in the chair where food got trapped.  Also, the chair was pretty bulky, not great for the narrow area where we use it.





I started searching for a new high chair that would be easier to keep clean, and had my heart on one that was only sold in Europe!  I also researched the seats that fit onto your table, but our tabletop is too deep.



My girl Cassie (Hi Sugarplum) recommended a high chair from Ikea (the ANTILOP), and, after looking it up online and seeing it was only $20 + $5 for the tray, I rushed out to get it!  It's been working perfect for us.  It's considerably smaller than our previous highchair so it takes up much less space.  And the best part- its so easy to keep clean- no crevices!!







The other thing that has been great is the Splat Mat- it's so easy to wipe up and then throw in the washing machine once a week.  It's completely necessary.  For times like this.




Need I say more?!  Do you have a favorite baby product I need to know about?  It seems to be live and learn with a lot of these kinds of things, right?!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment