Client Living Room E-Design

Recently a reader contacted me for some help with her living room, and I prepared a design board for her.  She wanted to keep her wall paint color and two sofas and ottoman, but was willing to part with the rug.  I just love the features in the room- soaring beamed ceilings, stone fireplace, big windows, and dark hardwood floors.  In fact, Jimmy and I seriously considered buying a house with a similar floor plan before deciding to build instead. 

Client’s Room BEFORE

image image

DESIGN BOARD

I prepared the board with three different rugs to give her a few choices and see how each one would change the look of the room. 

#1

image

I advised her to replace the “B” with the window pane mirror and place the console table behind the couch with a pair of lamps.  Adding a pair of accent chairs and table helped balance the space and break up the set of leather furniture while adding additional seating.  The drapes would be lined with the decorative trim (a little tip from A Well Dressed Home), which I kept neutral so that she could change out the colors of the accessories fairly easily.  Finally, if she wanted to add some dimension to the fireplace wall (which she indicated she was thinking of painting) I suggested doing a mild stencil and then adding a large mirror.  This was a fun project and I am so thrilled that she liked it!  I made sure to search for items that were affordable since we’re all on a budget these days:)

#2

image

#3

image

*If you are interested in having me create a design board for you, please contact me for rates.  And speaking of design boards, Ten June graciously gifted one to me for our storage dump media room.  It’s a future space for my hubby to watch sports and play video games, and, like I told Michelle, do whatever it is men do in a large room full of electronics!  I think she’s going to post it on Tuesday:)  I really love her ideas (especially the colors!)

Which board (rug) do like best, if at all??

0 comments:

Post a Comment