DIY {Starburst Mirror}

After seeing the starburst mirrors created by Janell {Isabella & Max}

image

and Stephanie {Under the Table and Dreaming}

image

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make one myself.  I was going for something like this from Amazon, which was priced at $165.

Mirror- Starburst Amazon $165

My homemade version was under $5.

 Starburst Mirror 003

No, it’s not quite the same, but I’m living The Nester’s philosophy, “It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful"!  I used an 8-inch mirrored candle plate and wooden skewers from Wal-Mart.

image

Spray painted the wooden skewers silver, but it was hard to get an even application, dang rolly things!

mirror, fabric 001

Divided the mirror into sections with a marker.

mirror, fabric 002

Busted out the hot glue gun.

mirror, fabric 003

mirror, fabric 006

I used 5 skewers per section, making the middle skewer the lowest, the next two medium height, and the furthest two the tallest.  I didn’t have to trim the skewers to get them to all fit.

 mirror, fabric 004

 mirror, fabric 005

When I was done gluing, I covered the mirror with plastic wrap and gave it a quick spray with shiny gold spray paint because the silver was getting a little lost with my gray wall.  I used two 3M command adhesive strips to affix my mirror to the wall in our guest bedroom. 

Starburst Mirror 003

Starburst Mirror 008 

Are you still loving the starburst mirror or are you over it?

**********

I’m sharing this post with these lovely blogs: {M} Between Naps on the Porch * Polly Want a Crafter * Making The World Cuter * Thrifty Decor Chick * Skip To My Lou * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Super Stinky Boys * C.R.A.F.T. {T} Today’s Creative Blog * All Thingz Related * Sugar Bee * New Nostalgia * I’m Topsy Turvy {W} Blue Cricket Design * Me and my Bucket * Someday Crafts * Domestically Speaking * My Backyard Eden {Th} House of Hepworths * Somewhat Simple * The Shabby Chic Cottage * Beyond The Picket Fence * Life as Lori {F} Serenity Now * Infarrantly Creative *Just a Girl * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Decor Mamma * Remodelaholic * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Fun to Craft * Miss Mustard Seed * The Shabby Nest * The Inspired Room * A Few of My Favorite Things * My Romantic Home {S} A Vision to Remember * Funky Junk Interiors * A Little Lovely * Tatertots and Jello * Be Different Act Normal {S} I Heart Nap Time * Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment