New Shopping Territory {Cost Plus}

I was a little restless this weekend after being in the house for too long and had about an hour to kill, so I went for a quick shopping trip.  Usually, if I have only a short time to shop, I’ll head to the old standby, Target or Home Goods, but this time I was in the mood for something a little different.  Sometimes you just want to see something that you haven’t seen before.  Enter Cost Plus World Market.  Although the store is close to our house, I always forget about it!  It’s a cool retail store that sells home decor goods and furniture inspired from around the world, as well as a little grocery and wine. 

In the past I’d say that Cost Plus isn’t my style, but I’m learning that my decor style is evolving and I really enjoyed just looking around and seeing what I was drawn to.  I restrained myself and just bought a baby book and a table runner that I’m using on my closet island.  Here are some other items that caught my eye.  All photos from Cost Plus.

Antique Book Journals - $12.99.  I could look at pretty paper, journals, stationery and cards all day.

image

Suzani Table Runner - $24.99.  I never embraced the Suzani trend before, but suddenly, I really like it.  Table linens are an easy way to enjoy the look without making a big commitment. 

image 

Paisley Scented Candles -  $12.99.  I’m always drawn to candles in a pretty jar, but almost never “splurge” on them.  I’ve seen candles for as much as $50 before, so these prices are more doable for me. 

image 

Portugal Bar Soaps - $5.99.  The packaging is so cute.  I’d like to gather a bunch of these to display in the bathroom in one of my large decorative glass vases.  And again with the good price when I’ve seen much, much higher.  p.s. the soaps I sniffed, smelled good:)

image

Ikat Toss Pillow - $19.99.  The dark red and aqua in this pillow really appeal to me.  I guess I’m digging this color combo since I’m doing our guest room in orange, white and navy too. 

image

Floor Cushion - $39.99.  I’m starting to see these everywhere.  Do you like them?  I’m thinking one would be good for all the time I’m spending on the floor with James.  And it would give him something big and soft to climb on. 

image

Alpaca Wool Blanket - $112.  Looks like winter to me.

image

Striped Throws - $14.98.  Notice how you can buy the “cool” or “warm” color palette.  But at that price, I say buy both if you can’t decide! 

image 

Batik Paisley Voile Curtain - $19.99.                          Savannah Curtain - $29.99

image image

Do you have a Cost Plus near you? Where do you go for a little shopping change of pace? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment