Paint Colors in My Home

When we chose the paint colors for our home, I wanted to keep the main areas very neutral and light so that the home felt bright and airy.  We came from a home with darkly painted walls and not much natural light, so I was really craving a light and airy place.  I used mostly the same color throughout the house because we have a semi-open floor plan and I wanted a cohesive look.  Also, I just wanted to live with one color and see how it felt, then, I reasoned, I could change it later if I decided to go in another direction or wanted something darker. 

All of the paint in our house is by Sherwin Williams. 

First floor including the formal dining room, living room, breakfast area, kitchen, staircase, upstairs hallway, and guest room:  Agreeable Gray.  I wanted a color that was slightly more grey than beige and really like our choice.  The blue in the media shelf is Jamestown Blue, but it is more mild than it appears in the photo below.

Of course, the paint color changes depending on the time of day and whether we have the lights on.  The living room picture was taken around 10:00 a.m.

image

image 

And the kitchen was photographed around 3:00 p.m. 

image

image

Jimmy’s office- Accessible Beige.   It’s a little more beige and what our builder originally recommended for the entire house.  Jimmy liked it for his office with the wood paneling and ceiling beams.  Sadly, this is the only picture I have of the office.  In it’s current state, it is not fit for photographs- (hint, hint Jimmy;)

image

image

Master bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom- A New Gray.  To me, this is a perfect light gray that doesn’t read blue, purple, or brown. 

image

shutters fabric bookshelf 001

image 

Nursery- Blissful Blue.  This is a nice light blue that isn’t too pale or too sweet.

image

Nursery 020

Nursery 038

Office- Friendly Yellow.  I’ve always been drawn to yellow, probably because I associate it with fun.  But choosing a yellow paint was tricky.  I think we went through about 4 samples before choosing this one, which was a more creamy yellow. 

image

Blogs and Coffee 026

**********

I’m sharing this post with Maryann at Domestically Speaking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment