Simple Nightstand Update

Do you notice anything different between this photo  . . .

image

And this photo? 

Nightstand 013 

If you didn’t, don’t worry, my husband didn’t either!  Before he went to bed, he asked me what I was doing.  I said, writing a post about the changes to the nightstand.  What changes?, he replied. 

Well, the changes are rather small.  I switched out the lamp shade for a larger one, got a new clock, and put away the books I’m not currently reading.   See?

Before

image

After

image 

A few simple changes for a nicer look.  Our nightstands are too small for our new bedroom, but they fit perfectly in our old, smaller room.  It’s always bugged me that there wasn’t more surface area on them.  After I add a glass of water and my glasses (that I wear after I take out my contacts) there’s no room left.  Heaven forbid I need a box of tissues!  For now, they’re staying, but wouldn’t a mirrored nightstand be perfect here?  And although the new clock is much prettier, I can’t see what time it is in the dark!  Ug. 

Source List

Bed: Z Gallerie

Nightstands:  Crate & Barrel

Clock:  Pottery Barn, but Courtney {A Thoughtful Place} found one almost identical at Home Goods. 

Lamp and shade, bedding:  Target

Magazine basket:  West Elm

0 comments:

Post a Comment