A Little Christmas at Home

Have you been adding little touches of Christmas around your home?  A Santa figure here, a reindeer there?  Or some ornaments gathered in a bowl or vase?  I’m realizing that our holiday decor is really pretty simple.  We’ve decorated our staircase, put up the tree, made some wreaths, and created a vignette in the bar area.  I’ve yet to hang the new stockings I found and I’d like to get a live little tree or greenery to bring in that fresh holiday scent.  Other than that, it’s little touches here and there that say Christmas in our home.

In our kitchen, I added a poinsettia and “Merry Christmas” sign.  Our dish soap just so happens to be green:)

image

image

Our spring branches were traded for the holiday variety and red berries tucked into some snow.

Hallway, Wreath 059

I couldn’t resist these Christmas-inspired mixing bowls from Crate & Barrel last week.  Never mind that I’ve yet to actually USE them, but I sure enjoy looking at them!

Hallway, Wreath 065

And thanks to A Thoughtful Place, my little mail stand got a bit of lime green sparkle. 

image

I’m planning to get those cards addressed and in the mail this weekend.  It’d be nice if the recipients got their card before Christmas!  Which reminds me that I wanted to make a holiday card holder . . . . (By the way, there will be two photos inside our cards- thanks to the honorable mention on photo #5):

James Nov 2010 Wreath 028 James Nov 2010 Wreath 005

The above little pillow is hanging out on our couch with his friend, the reindeer, courtesy of Target.  And of course our red Restoration Hardware throw has been keeping us cozy at night. 

image

I still have yet to buy any Christmas gifts (except two for James, well actually three, but I couldn’t resist and already gave him the hokey-pokey Elmo!)  I’m terrible at holding on to a gift once I have it.  I want to give it immediately!  This year is nice though because the adults drew names on my side of the family.  Especially as we get older, we really just enjoy being with each other during the holidays. 

Are you done with the holiday decor or haven’t even started?  What about the shopping?  Don’t get me started on the food!  I guess I better get started planning the holiday menu! 

*********

You can find me on CoolKids blog today (I love that blog name) dishing on a Christmas gift I’d like to receive this year!  She’s got other bloggers participating too- can’t wait to see what’s on their lists! 

image

***********

The Winners of the Trendy Peas giveaway are

Carly at Honey and the Moon

and

Meghan at The Bozemans

Congratulations girls!  Please email me your mailing address and final choice of print. 

**********

Come back on Saturday December 11, 2010 to enter the Cutting Edge Stencil Giveaway and to see my attempt at a ceiling stencil:) 

**********

Happy Weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment