santa who?

image

Can you imagine being 9 months old and seeing Santa for the first time?  I wonder what my little guy was thinking.  He seemed particularly fascinated by all that hair on Santa’s face.  He just kept looking at him.  I think I was more excited.  Some of this mommy stuff is still so surreal to me.  Waiting in line with James to see Santa, I’m realizing that I’m taking my baby to see Santa?!  When it was our turn, I just held James and made the introductions.  Our Santa was so nice!!  Since it wasn’t busy, there was no rush and when I thought James was comfortable, I handed him over and stepped back.  My heart swelled seeing my little guy sitting on Santa’s lap holding his hand!  I seriously almost cried, but I had to get it together so I could get James’ attention for another picture.

image

Afterwards, Santa gave me some tips for next year, when James is older and more likely to get freaked out:

  • Come early in the season, just after Thanksgiving, when it’s not busy and you can take more time with Santa (he said one day he had only a handful of visitors at that time);
  • It’s also less busy during the week and earlier in the day; and
  • Be prepared to get in the picture too! 

In retrospect, I wish I would’ve brought Santa a gift. He was just so genuinely kind.  Maybe I can still go back . . .

And after browsing around for a unique “Baby’s First Christmas” ornament, I finally found one at Bering’s Hardware last week.

image

I’m fond of how it says “baby’s first Christmas” without actually saying it:)  And a ‘paci’ is particularly appropriate for our little guy since he’s hooked on them for sleeping.  The ornament is made by OWC and sold many places online, including here.

I’m unusually relaxed for still not being any closer to having things ready for Christmas- maybe taking some time off for Santa yesterday did mama some good too!   I’m sure you moms have lots of stories of pictures with Santa.  Wouldn’t that be a funny link party idea?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment