Christmas Wreath

Man, this weekend went fast! I hope you enjoyed yours.  And thank you so much for all the anniversary wishes!  We had a really nice date night at Morton’s, home of our first date.  It was great to have some alone time and get to talk and laugh, uninterrupted, for several hours!  

Back at casa de Honey We’re Home, more holiday decor has occurred.  While there may be no pretty white lights strung neatly on our roof and around the perimeter of our home (I begged and begged but couldn’t convince the hubs to do it, and my research revealed that the professionals cost nearly $1,000 to install and uninstall- um, no thanks!), we do have two wreaths on the door to add a little Christmas charm. 

image

Since we have a pretty colorful holiday palette of aqua, silver, white and red happening inside our home, I wanted to go with a neutral and natural look elsewhere. 

These wreaths were super easy to make, and cost very little- just how I like my projects!

The Supplies:

imageimage

image

Here’s how I made my wreath.

image

1.  I used a 10- inch wire framed wreath from Wal-Mart.  I figured creating the wreath while it hung on the door would be a good idea so I could see how it was coming along as I went.

2.  A large and smaller pinecone were placed on the lower right and held in place with a decorative pinecone wire stick.

3.  A few poinsettia flowers and pinecone sticks were added.

4.  Another pinecone went in the upper right and a strip of burlap from Hobby Lobby was tied into a small bow and affixed to the wreath with a wire ornament hook.

Of course, since we have two doors, I had to make two wreaths.  I made them both with the same items, just configured them slightly differently so they wouldn’t be identical.

image

I would love to hang wreaths on all of our windows like Simply LKJ did, but don’t think it’s gonna happen this year.  So, for now, we welcome Santa with our Christmas wreaths!

image

Do you put lights on your house for Christmas?  Can I come over and admire since we don’t have any:( 

**********

I’m sharing this post with Sarah, Thrifty Decor Chick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment