Favorite Blogger’s Rooms {2010}

As much as I love browsing through design magazines looking at beautifully designed spaces, what delights me most is seeing the “real life” rooms that are created by talented folks, whether they are designers or not.  Getting to peek inside someone’s house gives me a secret thrill as I love to see how people live.  I’ve gotten hooked on reading blogs and have been amazed at the rooms that I’ve seen featured along the way. 

I selected just a few (tried to narrow it to about 20- but think I ended up with around 30!) of my favorite blogger’s rooms that I’ve seen in the past year.  It was hard to choose just one favorite room in many of these bloggers’ homes, as I often find myself coveting the entire house!  And although their styles may vary, the creative aspect is alive in each and I’m inspired by all of the beautiful details and unique touches.  I’m also impressed that many of those special details were revamps, hand made, or upcycled. 

We’re going room by room, so let’s go!

Foyer

Made by Girl

Jen is so super stylish and her decor is creative and chic.  Although this foyer is totally sophisticated in black and white, Jen said she plans to add pops of color via fresh flowers.  P.S. Can you believe she MADE that light fixture?!  Such a unique foyer with only a few pieces.

image

image

Living Room

Centsational Girl

One of my earliest blog inspirations, Kate’s classic take on simple, beautiful French decor with a bit of modern mixed in always delights.  I am loving how she used blue-gray, gold and white in the room.  And in true Centsational Girl style, Kate added the wainscoting, repainted the mirror, redid the chair and chandelier, and sewed the sofa cover!  Whew!  Her gallery wall is superb too. 

image

image

image

Sixty-Fifth Avenue

I’ve said before that Londen’s family room makes me want to come and stay as a houseguest at her place.  Her cozy room is relaxing and exciting at the same time with the patterned rug and warm wooden furniture.  Love it!

image

image

Ten June

I dig how Michelle used that yellow print rug to add visual interest to the room and the stripes in their office peeking through is so cool!  The pop of green on the mantle is fresh too.  And what a gorgeous family! :)

image

Bedroom

Rambling Renovators

Oh, I die over that paneling behind the bed!  This is one talented couple- their whole house is amazing!  The drapes they chose are fabulous and the E-bay light fixture is fantastic!

image

image

Name 5 Things

A gorgeous, serene space with that beautiful nailhead trim bed.  I love the wall color Emily chose and how she created those wall paper panels behind the nightstands.  This is one bedroom I would love to wake up in!  Her little dressing table with the bamboo mirror and collection of Penguin classics is perfect.

image

image

Isabella and Max Room

I cannot believe everything Janell did in this amazing room!  I mean, the dramatic headboard alone made quite the statement, but the chandelier, lampshades, drapes, sitting area, gallery wall, duvet, pillows- it’s all superb!   And Janell always provides the best tutorials to accompany her projects- I’ve got more than a few bookmarked!

image

image

Studio Ten/25

As soon as I saw this room with the beautiful wall color, fab mirror and complimentary bed linens and bench, I was in love.  The second shot of the rest of the room put me over the edge.  Abbe sure knows how to use art, color and pattern to infuse interest to a room!

image

image

My Uncommon Slice of Suberbia

What a dreamy space!  The dramatic canopy bed is so nice with the bench Kristin redid and I love how she styled her nightstands.  I would definitely have sweet dreams in this bedroom!

image

image

image

Mom Cave

A Thoughtful Place 

My girl Courtney’s sitting area off the master bedroom is divine!  Her drapes and nesting tables are awesome.  The silver touches, including the ribbon-lined lamp and chandelier add the perfect bit of glamour. 

image

image

Bathroom

A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress

Stephanie’s stylish, white tiled bath with silver accessories is my dream bathroom.  The scones are gorgeous and the whole room is sleek and clean, but not too minimal.  I love the pop of pink with the orchid too.  This room becomes even more impressive when you’ve seen the “before”! 

image

image

Kid’s Rooms

Aubrey + Lindsay’s Blog

Isn’t this the sweetest nursery?!  And it’s not overdone at all.  It’s just whimsical and natural.  Every little element is so thoughtful, from the drapes, art, giraffe and daybed. Baby Oscar is sleeping in style!

image

image

Hi Sugarplum! 

Cassie never disappoints with her hip and playful design sense.  How freakin’ cool are those orange, brown and white stripes on the wall?!  They totally make the room and I looove how she did them in varying heights.  But her use of the space in the room (see the desk beside the bed and shelves on the wall?) is also fantastic, not to mention the gallery wall. 

image

image

Home to Three Duncan Boys

Lakeitha isn’t even done with her ‘cars’ inspired boys room, but I already love it.  The road on the wall with actual cars is awesome!  I’m sure her sons already love this room!

image

Danielle Oakley Interiors

Can you believe she created this entire room for $370, including the amazing, colorful headboard?  I love how she used pink, aqua, and yellow in the room.  So cheery, but not too sugary with the black and white lamps and plate wall.

image

Simply LKJ

The room that Lauren created for her daughter is divine!  It’s a perfect room for a high school-aged girl.  The dressers were repainted in a black semi-gloss that stands out against the pretty greyish-blue walls.  I love how she also created a work space and used the Ikea Expedit as a room divider.  And that chalkboard wall?!  Love it!

image 

image

image

Pretty Handy Girl

I could hardly believe that this awesome paneled reading/sleeping nook was once a little closet!  That girl has vision and is so talented how she pulled this off!  It’s such a surprising, delightful space!

image

Home Office

Emily A. Clark

I’ve come back to look at Emily’s office 100 times to survey every little detail as it has really inspired my own office.  Emily is one of those talented people who can use color and pattern and still have the space look serene and inviting as opposed to confused or cluttered.   Check out the smokey blue walls and the vivid green dresser paired with those gorgeous drapes.  The sleek white lines of the desk and Ikea Expedit bookshelf are a really clean look. (don’t be surprised when you those something similar in my office! :) I just love how she made this space so functional and pretty!

image

image

image

 

 

 

Just A Girl

Here’s another wonderful example of a pretty and functional space.  See, they do exist!  Look how Chris added that organizational pegboard above the desk for utility but also framed it  for beauty.  Her craft room also has a reading nook and beautifully painted dresser- love the light blue color she chose.

image

image

6th Street Design School

How cool is Kirsten’s office?  The drapes are a fun addition to the cool white desk with that pop of green. Never seen a desk like that with color before.  I also love her chandy and how she arranged the bookshelf. 

image

Kitchen

A Well Dressed Home

A jaw-dropping kitchen for sure- and it’s a renovated kitchen!  I love how Emily painted the cabinets white and the light fixtures she chose.  The drapery panel she made is super cool too.  You gotta check out the “before” on this one- you won’t believe it!

image

image 

Pantry

Cre8tive Inc. Designs

A well organized space with a fabric lined wall and labeled containers steals my heart!  How nice to walk into this pantry and be able to see what you have and easily access all your ingredients!  An organizer’s dream!

image

Decor Chick

I’m super impressed with what Emily did to her pantry to make it more beautiful and functional.  She added carousel turntables (custom made by her talented Dad) that allow for perfect storage of all those canned goods and packages.  Genius! 

image

Laundry Room

Tatertots and Jello

Oh my! A laundry room dream!  Jen did so much to this room I don’t even know where to begin.  The pale green cabinets and chandelier add a lot of charm as well as the paneled wall.  I’m sure she loves doing laundry now!

image

image image

Dining Room

Live Creating Yourself

Such a cool room.  I love the white paired with touches of light colors like gray and soft aqua.  Her unique accessories really make this space feel personal. 

image

The Painted Hive

This dining room looks fresh out of a country chic magazine!  Simple, inviting, and relaxing- just how causal dining should be!  And isn’t that fan just great?!

image

The Fabulous Design File

Isn’t it cool how Carissa’s dining room showcases her style with that ultra chic shiney, patterned wallpaper?  Totally groovy!

image

image

Two Story Cottage

A gorgeous dining room!  Erin’s silk drapes and striped plate wall are just fantastic.  I really like how she paired the dark furniture with the light slipcovered chairs.  And that light blue ceiling?!  Or wait, the shutters and mouldings!!  Oh, my!

image

image

Porch

33 Shades of Green

Talk about a backyard view!  I would seriously love to grab a magazine or book and cozy up on that couch with a cup of tea.  I like the way she infused color into the porch with the rug, pillows, and flowering plants.

image

image

image

Southern Hospitality

Rhoda’s southern charm shines through in her porch for sure!  I dig the yellow painted shutters, floral pillows, and greek key rug.  Looks like a sweet spot for a little cocktail and conversation!

image

image

There are too many wonderful rooms to include in one blog post!  Thank you, thank you bloggers!  You inspire me daily!  Most of these rooms I’ve had bookmarked for ages, so it’s nice to now have them all in one spot now:)

**********

Speaking of inspiration, and favorite blogs, I’m guest posting on Hi Sugarplum! today with one of my most popular blog posts of 2010.  Any idea what it was?? :)

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment