O Christmas Tree

One of the things I look so forward to each holiday season is putting up the Christmas tree! Our tradition is to put up the tree and decorate it the day after Thanksgiving.  (Isn’t it fun to make your own holiday traditions?)  The tree is a 9-foot faux variety that we got at Hobby Lobby half-off three years ago.  What seemed like a ginormous tree in our little townhouse, seems quite at home in the new house.  It’s like the curve of the staircase was made just for her!

Christmas Tree 004

You’ll notice that the very bottom has no ornaments (seems that babies are attracted to shiny things they aren’t supposed to touch!).  And also that some of the lights are out (middle left and bottom).  We could probably remedy that, but just haven’t gotten around to it.  Surprisingly, it’s not really bothering me that much this year.

There are a couple of ornaments I’m particularly fond of.  Most of the ornaments are from Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby or Target, but I found the blue glittery striped one (bottom left) at Crate & Barrel and the long silver (top right) one at Z Gallerie.  

image

We bought baby j’s Christmas presents and they are already wrapped and under the tree.  He’s getting two gifts (a walker and tool bench) from Santa this year and will probably be more enchanted with the box and gift wrap! 

image

And you can see that I changed the lime on the stairs for red and white because the green was clashing with the tree!

**********

I’m sharing this post with Sarah, Thrifty Decor Chick.

image

**********

Also, you can check out my guest post at Honey and the Moon where I’m showing how I

turned THIS                                 into THIS

image image

0 comments:

Post a Comment