Nativity Joy

Right about now is the time I start to feel the pressure of the holidays.  I have only bought Christmas presents for James, the cards have not been addressed, I have not thought out the holiday menu, haven’t completed the decor projects I had in mind and on and on . . .

So, to help keep those stressful feelings at bay, today, while James is napping, I’ll pull out my pretty holiday notepad, make a list of everything I “need” to do and “want” to do, and  create a mini-schedule so that I can see what fits and what doesn’t.  I always feel 100% better when I get the chatter out of my head  and onto the notepad! 

image

I’m trying to keep my priorities on honoring the spirit of the season and creating memories for our family.  And I wanted our home to reflect that as well.  I’ve always wanted a nativity scene, but in our prior small townhouse, we really didn’t have a good place to put one.  But that didn’t stop me from admiring them in every store whenever I would see them.  I love the ones that look like care and attention went into the details of the figures. 

Imagine my delight when I spotted one at Costco recently for $79!  I think it’s lovely displayed in the entrance to our home and sets the stage for Christmas.  I placed the nativity scene on a piece of burlap, added a bow and some snow.  And, yes, I know it probably wasn’t snowing in the desert;)

 image 

Hallway, Wreath 053

image

image

Isn’t the detail on these figures great?  And the colors are so beautiful.

Hallway, Wreath 054

  Hallway, Wreath 048

Hallway, Wreath 049 

Hallway, Wreath 051 Hallway, Wreath 052

Hallway, Wreath 050

Ah, the joy of Christmas!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment