More Chevron Love

My husband and I had a chance to take an overnight trip last weekend sans baby for our anniversary.  It was just a little road trip, but it was wonderful!  On the way home, we stopped at the infamous Buc-ee’s Truck Stop in Luling, Texas.  My hubby had to have their “beaver nuggets” and beef jerky (a must on all road trips in Texas, right?!) For those of you like me who were previously unaware, a beaver nugget is a mix between cracker jack and corn pops- a puffed corn coated with a sugary caramel glaze.  They are pretty addictive actually.

image

But, forget beaver nuggets, look what I found there- this hand carved chevron cutting board!

image

Who knew a truck stop sold such fabulousness?!  I was giddy with excitement!  And since I just blogged about the chevron rug and plates/mugs, I realized I must be on a zig zag kick lately.

Here are the Mikasa plate and mug in person.  I snapped a picture so you could see how small the plate is.  Certainly dessert size, but so pretty! 

image

Here’s some more chevron love around these parts.

My Blog Header

image

Our living room and breakfast room rug (Crate & Barrel Island Honey Chevron Rug)

image

Fabric-lined tray

image

image

And while these aren’t chevron, I just had to include the cute paper straws I found over the weekend at a local shop.

image

p.s. On a totally random note, while on our trip we got into an elevator with Jennifer Love Hewitt and later we saw Ricky Shroeder walking into our hotel as we were leaving to go to dinner.  Weird to see people you “know” but they don’t know you!   Has that happened to you? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment